This might just be one of the cutest craft ideas ever; a woolly hat! For the tree! If you are a crafter, it is more than likely you have scraps of wool too short to make anything out of them, so this project enables you to use up material. You will need two items only: wool and a spent loo roll.
1) Cut the loo roll into sections, this will the base of the hat – i.e. the widest part of the hat. Cut the wool into pieces and fold in half. Before you cut them up, assess how long you’ll want them to be depending on the circumference of the roll.
2) Pass the wool through the roll and loop the ends back over the roll and through the wool. You should be able to hold onto the ends and dangle the roll from the lasso you have made.
3) Repeat this action with pieces of wool until the whole circumference is covered.
4) Make sure there are a couple of inches of wool so you can work with it later.
5) Once the roll is covered, tie a knot half way up the collection of threads, so the top looks like a bobble.
6) Attach another piece of thread to so you can hang it from the tree. And you’re done!
If you try this craft, tweet us @Preloved! We’d love to see!