If it has been your turn to host New Year’s Eve, you’ll probably have a surplus of bottles that will inevitably fill up the recycling. That got us thinking, is there anything we can actually do with glass bottles to reuse them? Turns out there is! As glass can be a hard object to manipulate, it’s worth noting that you will either need to use a special tool such as a glass cutter or make use of fire. For either cases, please be careful, and sought the help of someone more experienced if you are unsure how to proceed. There are also many videos out there that show you different techniques on how to cut glass, let us know which one worked best for you if you try it!
1. The easiest thing to do is to use it as food containers.
2. Or glasses!
3. There’s a cool tutorial that shows you how to flatten a bottle, albeit with a kiln… Perhaps it might be worth scouting your area, see if you have any potters who might let you use theirs for a fee.
4. You can define your borders in the garden with upturned bottles.
5. Or use the upper half to make lighting fixtures.
6. We love the look of this hanging mobile.
7. If you ensure your bottles are all the same size, you can easily make a bookcase!
8. This is a very creative way to display your herbs on the windowsill. Especially if you are away a lot, it makes great irrigation.
9. Why not cut the bottle in half and use it for appetisers?
10. If you cut off the top of the bottle, turn it upside down and seal the bottom, you can use them as toothpicks.
11. How cool is this? A bed with bottles on top. Makes an interesting pergola.
12. Brazilian artist Tati Guimaraes has blown us away with these tables.
13. You can use the bottom to make candles.
14. Or turn them into hanging decorations for the garden.
15. Maybe make a clock?
16. Be the friend with the cool shot glasses.
17. Make a feature in the back yard.
18. And, finally, make a bird feeder!