As a nation of DIY lovers we’re always looking for new, cost effective ways to upcycle and keep our homes looking stylish and up to date. Sites like Preloved.co.uk are great for finding unique, second hand furniture quickly and easily, but what about if the piece looks like it needs a bit of TLC? Perhaps it would suit the living room better if it was in a different colour?
There’s an innovative new product that is taking the interiors market by storm, and is set to revolutionise the way we decorate our homes. It gives us freedom, choice and quality without breaking the bank.
For the past few years, chalk paint has become the go-to product for upcyclers and crafty folks alike looking to give their furniture a facelift. But like many things in life, it has its limits. Chalk paints have a reputation for being expensive compared to other products and some brands contain environmentally damaging chemicals, which not only have a devastating effect on our planet, but emit strong, overpowering odours.
The small selection of colours available has also restricted our creative freedom, often leaving upcycling projects looking unoriginal and generic and making it difficult to match furniture to fabrics, accessories or artwork.
That’s all about to change.
Websters Chalk Paint Powder is taking upcycling to a whole new level, providing freedom, choice and quality at a fraction of the cost of pre-mixed chalk paints. If you haven’t heard of it before, check out the Websters video to see how it works.
Its many benefits include:
- Total colour choice– because it can be added to any brand or colour of emulsion paint (eggshell, matt, silk or satin) DIYers will now be able to paint their furniture whatever colour they like, whenever they want.
- Great coverage– just a couple of tablespoons added to a tester pot of emulsion is enough for most projects*, making it a highly efficient and economical alternative to traditional chalk paint.
- Simplicity– just mix with water and add to any emulsion paint.
- Durability– covers almost any surface, providing a long lasting, tough finish.
- 100% natural, non-toxic and environmentally friendly, containing no harmful VOCs.
- *larger projects like large chests of drawers or dressers may require two tester pots if painting inside and out
For a durable hard-wearing finish, chalk painted products should be protected with clear wax or a water-based polyurethane/clear varnish after painting. And that’s all there is to it. Simple!
So if you fancy giving upcycling a go for yourself and want access to high quality, designer style colour, when you want, why not give Websters a try?
To find out more about the latest trend in home improvements today, find your nearest stockist or buy online, visit www.websterseurope.co.uk.