We have enjoyed another festive season that has come round far too quickly and we are now, once again, starting a shiny new year full of endless possibilities. We sure hope this is a better one for the world! In other news, Aunt Ethel has given you an electric blanket for the second year in a row; bless her. And the neighbour down the road got you a scarf that isn’t quite to your taste. Poor Tommy has received some football shoes that are just a tad too small for him – he has had a growth spurt in the last couple of months, you see.
So, what to do with them all? Why, take part in #PrelovedGifts, of course! Last year over 500 adverts were placed as unwanted gifts in January alone, so this year we want even more people to find what they really want. By taking part in our swap you can make some money in the process, you will know the item is being put to good use by someone who genuinely wants it, and you will get rid of clutter.
It’s free to respond to adverts on the day’s allocated category but you can gain many more perks with our Full and Premium memberships. Here is what you need to know to make the most of this campaign:
FOR THE BUYER:
- Remember to browse each category every day!
- Contact the person immediately, otherwise you risk missing out on your perfect present.
- Bear in mind you will most likely have to pay additional postage if you cannot collect the item in person.
- Similarly, before you commit to purchasing it, ask the seller whether they are willing to post it to you; that way you will save each other time.
FOR THE SELLER:
- Make sure you mention UNWANTED GIFT in the title and in the description of the advert. You could also add the terms NEW, BN (Brand New) or BNWT (Brand New With Tag).
- Take good images. Landscape is easier on the eye; avoid blurry photos and don’t take your snaps in a dark room. You want to sell your item, remember!
- Make the most of the amount of images you can upload. Photograph from different angles; if it can be assembled and dismantled, why not show what it looks like in real life?
- Write a clear title with relevant keywords.
- Descriptions that are well thought out tend to do better, as it draws in the potential buyer.
- Ask for a reasonable price.
- Be aware that potential buyers might not live in your local area. Consider stating if you are willing to post it for an additional fee.
And that’s pretty much it! Share your unwanted gifts with us on Twitter using #PrelovedGift throughout the month of January and we will retweet our favourites. Don’t forget to add an image!