Rate Of Pay:
Exceeds National Living Wage at £9 per hour rising to £9.50 after probationary period.
Full & Part Time Hours Available.
There will be some weekend, evening and holiday work so please bear this in mind before applying.
Gillingham, Kent, ME7.
Probationary to begin with the opportunity to lead to a permanent contract.
If you are looking for a change in career or a new start in care work this is a fantastic opportunity to support an intelligent and easy to get on with middle aged man who is registered blind and in a wheelchair to live independently in his own home.
More than ever people with care and support needs want more control over their lives and I am no different.
I am currently looking for a personal care assistant with an immediate start available. If you are looking for a change in career or a new start in care work this is could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
This is a unique and special role that helps make a physically disabled person’s life a little easier, more fulfilling, whilst maintaining my human right to live independently in my own home. The role can be quite demanding, but is also very rewarding. You will be helping me maintain my independence and enable me to have more control and quality of my life.
• Shift work (no “living in” required)
• Immediate start available
• Perfect for parents as hours can be arranged around school drop off & pick up times
• Flexible & Fair employer
• After successful probation permanent contract available
• Holiday entitlement
• Opportunity to learn new skills
• Rewarding experience
• The opportunity to make a “real” difference to the quality of my life
Daily Duties Include(but are not restricted to):
You will help out with personal care support tasks such as (but not restricted to):
• Personal Support Care Task EG: Showering & Dressing.
• Transport to health appointments and my recreational activities.
• Domestic support tasks such as cooking, shopping, laundry, reading mail plus assisting with therapeutic work .
• Any other tasks associated with my general day to day living.
• But most importantly, due to the nature of the role you will be a companion, friend and the person to ensure that I am well looked after.
This list of activities is intended to give you a better understanding of what this position involves.
Key Skills Required
Ideal candidates will be friendly with a caring disposition, reliable, trustworthy, patient, excellent time keepers, flexible with regards to their availability to work, enthusiastic to learn new skills, have a good sense of humour and want to make a difference in someone’s life.
How To Apply
To apply for this position you must be eligible to work in the UK, have an enhanced DBS check, full clean UK driving license, be able to provide 2 work references and access to your own vehicle to support due to the nature of the hours. Would be ideally suited for someone living in the ME7 area.
Due to my health conditions all applications must be made by phone to myself.
If you have any questions please do contact me.