I am selling my bike as I am leaving the UK. The bike is the "Dutchie 'Chic' Single-Speed" which you can see on the Dutchie website:
- Single Gear - Pure Dutch - great for relatively flat areas.
- All black (for the mysterious touch) with touch of white at the rear (for cars to spot you). A true design signature that has remained unchanged for generations.
- A retro style bicycle yet practical, the Dutch Oma (Granny) Bicycle is perfect for ‘pootling’ about the countryside or those hidden city shortcuts.
- Take in the scenery with an upright posture, as you begin to enjoy the commute or the ‘nip to the shops’ content in the knowledge that you look rather fine doing it!
- Frame: SIZE 2: Inside Leg 33-37(83cm-94cm)
It’s a "CLASSIC VINTAGE STYLE DUTCH BIKES FROM THE NETHERLANDS” - bought in the UK from Dutchie.
Officially, I think this is a women’s model, but those of you who’ve spent time in Amsterdam (and other cycle loving places) will know that both men and women ride this style of bike. I am male.
These now cost £374 new and are currently out of stock. So I think this is a reasonable price. Given the practically perfect condition, it's a really good price. Cash only please on collection.
The first person to see it will definitely buy it.
I bought the bike from Dutchie in London in November 2014 (have the original email receipt), but have barely used it since then. As such, it's in excellent condition. Just might need a bit of a clean as it's been collecting dust for the last year or so. I've been away a lot, so have not had chance to use it. It's been kept in a locked, covered, bicycle storage shed in my block of flats for the whole time I’ve had it (so out of the rain etc).
I'll also throw in my bicycle helmet, as I won't be needing that any longer. It's a Specialised Echelon Cycling Helmet (size 57-63cm Large). Looks like these are about £50 new. Again, I have barely used this so it's in excellent condition.
I've included a photo of the bike.
I live very close to Bethnal Green tube (less than 5 min walk away).
Susanna on behalf of Elliot