DeeDee For Sale £1950 (home more important)
11 year old Hunting / Pony Club pony 13’2 (approx.)
I see this on every advert I read – but finding the right home is an absolute must for this gorgeous girl, we love her so much, so this advert will be as honest as possible. We are only selling her as we no longer have a rider for her – my daughter’s legs have grown just too much. She has helped my daughter develop so much over the last 2 years and they have such a good partnership, we are truly sad to let her move on.
We have done all pony club activities (camp, rallies, ODEs, Area Show Jumping) with DD over the last two years and been out with Ledbury Hunt this season.
The downside: (or the things we have grown to love about DD)
• She needs a confident rider as she is forward but she is 100% safe -I ride her as a complete novice.
• She is not a dressage pony (although she gives it a go and does a good enough job to be placed in ODEs)
• She has mild sweet itch – which is easily managed with rugs.
The really fun parts:
• She loves jumping (xc and show) - We have found anything up to 80cm to be her happy height. She is better on a surface than on grass at higher heights. (And has trained up to 1m). She is ridden in a dutch gag. My daughter was 10 when we bought DD. It took her several months to develop a partnership with DD as she is not push button pony – but she is fabulous and it was worth every minute.
• She is fast against the clock
• She keeps you safe - never bolted, bucked etc
• She is perfect out hunting – super safe in the field. She is in her element with the hunt and jumps everything asked of her. Stands beautifully at meets. A trustworthy hunt pony.
• Great to hack- not sharp at all, not spooky at all. My daughter began hacking out on her own with DD and I knew she would come home safe every time
• Great in open spaces
The practical things:
• Great on the ground. Managed entirely by my daughter from the age of 10
• Easy to do
• Happy in or out. With others or alone.
• Good to load and travel
• Happy to stand tied up at shows with a nice net of hay.
• Needs good fencing (but does respect electric fencing)
We would love to keep in touch as do previous owners.