Wanted

Free Share - As much riding as you can!

This advert is located in and around Enfield, Middlesex

Advert Description

A very honest advert for Strawberry.

I've owned Strawbs for the last 11 1/2 years; she was my absolute dream horse when I got her! She is a registered 15.2h Connemara.
But as we've got older together, I've become wimpier and she's not slowed down! She's a teenager's dream and hunted for years, but the slower paced gentler hacking I offer her now after a long day at work just isn't enough for her. I am looking for a confident, good rider - someone looking to have fun and ride for hours. I'll cover the jobs and would even consider part funding some lessons to make sure you're the right fit together. She won't be handed over to just anyone (can't be sorry about that!)
I don't consider that she's suitable for someone just returning to riding or someone who is a novice.
We've done all the sponsored rides, the beach, Epping etc. She'll jump anything you point her at - but she's a handful. She's lively and you need to be in charge. Give her an inch, she'll gallop a mile! We have lots of lovely off road hacking across fields; and are stabled in Cuffley.
This could be an ideal pairing for a teenager who may not be able to afford a horse of their own but has lots of time and energy for this one!
Strawbs was ridden previously by someone til they were several months pregnant; she doesn't buck or rear - is very safe from that perspective but she's still a complicated ride; she has a handful of tricks which she runs through occasionally - she is sensitive to light (she throws her head if shadows catch her).
She's the sort that's good in traffic, fab with dogs, kids, stands like a lamb to be groomed - then jumps at the same plastic bag she's passed every day for the last week without batting an eyelid at it before! She keeps you on your toes. All good to catch 95% of the time - the other 5% needs a handful of food!
Placed every time out in recent years but I admit I don't get out often nowadays. She's never refused a jump and is very fast against the clock; she's always been like a big pony to me! She's better ridden on her own as she likes to be in front and that doesn't always work with other horses!

Additional Information

This advert has no additional information available. Why not get in touch with michgazza to request more…