Le Presbytere is a beautiful former nunnery, built from pale Charentaise stone with a slate roof. Now a large comfortable family home, it stands in the pretty village of Courcelles,
just outside the market town of St Jean D’Angely.
The area is popular with British and French couples and families alike being less than an hour from the fabulous beaches and surfing of the west coast, bustling la Rochelle and the charms of Cognac.
Having been lovingly restored, with rooms of character and charm, this spacious home has a flexible configuration which would reward those wishing to generate an income whilst retaining plenty of private family space.
Four large bedrooms, two sitting rooms, stylish modern bathroom facilities, a large and a smaller kitchen make up the main part of the house. In addition, there is a large studio apartment with independent access. Decoration has been carried out in sympathy with the character of the property. A well- proportioned ground floor dining room with dual aspect windows is a great entertaining space. The property benefits from:
• Lots of parking space
• New double glazed windows throughout
• Wood preservation treatment
• Electric panel heaters with individual settings
• Mains water and electricity, telephone and broadband connections.
• An attic runs the entirety of the top floor. This could be converted to living accommodation.
• Large fertile walled garden with productive vegetable areas, many fruit trees, hazelnut trees and grape vines.
• A well and water butts
• Space for a swimming pool
• Storage buildings
• The shops, including a choice of large supermarkets are three minutes away by car, as is the railway station.
• The coast can be reached in 45 minutes
• La Rochelle, Royan and Cognac are less than an hour away