The compact Yaesu FT-840 has two direct digital synthesizers and rotary encoder that provide silky-smooth tuning. The excellent general coverage receiver tunes .1-30 MHz in 10 Hz steps. A 12 dB attenuator may be inserted for clear copy of very strong signals. The FT-840 uses a die-cast RF power amp with thermally switched fan to ensure full power output (up to 100 watts). The digitally synthesized local signals ensure clean, low-noise transmitter output on all HF amateur bands. Other features include: backlit 10 Hz LCD, IF shift, reverse CW, dual VFOs, 100 memories, attenuator, noise blanker, meter, scan modes and speech processor. The rear panel features various I/O jacks. Only 9.5 x 3.7 x 7 inches.
This radio comes with the MH-1B8 hand mic and a DC cable. Requires 12 VDC at 20 Amps.
* 1.8 -30MHz (160m-10m ham Bands) Tx
* 100kHz - 30MHz Gen Coverage Rx
* USB, LSB, CW, AM, FM (see note)
* 100W USB, LSB, CW, FM * 25W AM
* Dual VFOs (A/B) * 100 memories
* 20 memories for frequency and modes
* 10Hz/100Hz (CW, SSB) tuning steps
* 100Hz/1kHz (AM, FM) tuning steps
* Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) * Large backlit LCD
* AF speech processor
* Reverse CW sideband feature
* IF shift * IF noise blanker * All mode squelch
* Automatic 10m repeater offset
* Selectable CTCSS encode
* Rx sensitivity: 10dB S/N 0dBµ= 1µV
* 1.5W audio (4 - 8 Ohms)
* 13.5V DC * 1.2A Rx (no signal) 20A Tx (100W)
* 238 x 93 x243mm * 4.5.kg (approx.)
In very good condition & comes with its original printed manual.
In full working order - demonstration can be at the shack or online depending on proximity to Crewe.
Pictures are of the actual unit. Non-smoking shack.
Bought for £375 last year from Radioworld (see sticker on side) but I now have an FT-857D so it is surplus to requirements.
Postal charges, if necessary will be extra