Bösendorfer 170 Grand Piano
- Model STRAUSS, 170 cm, 5’ 7’’
- Serial Number: 20581
- Year of manufacture: 1913
- Length: 170 cm
- Fully restored in 2016 in Budapest by Opera Pianohouse (Steinway, Boston, Essex agents of Hungary, the Nr.1 piano company of the country)
- Modern Erard repetition action. Type: Schwanger, Erard spring repetition action.
- Hammerheads: Abel, fitting for Bosendorfer, with matching unterfilze, impregnated, voiced and shaped to fit
- Action parts: original Bosendorfer parts, action felts replaced where needed, fully regulated and adjusted by the modern standards:
- Refurbished soundboard: old lacquer taken off, cracks repaired with shims, primary coat: universal acrylic primer, top coat: Milesi high gloss top acrylic coat
Keytops: origignal ebony black keys, polished and blackened, Renner plastic white key-tops.
- Pinblock: Delignit new pin-block, joined in to fit the original iron frame (Gussplatte)
- New tuning pins from Renner, new set of plain strings from Roslau and new bass strings
- New damper felts by Renner and new key-bed and iron frame felting.
- Hand polished (Schellack politur), satin shine, on mahogany veneer. All parts are original including the top lids.
- Origin of the piano: It has been family owned in Hungary (before the latest renovation), earlier history is unknown.