Oxfam Music Shop Exeter
Georg Hann (January 30, 1897 – December 9, 1950) was an Austrian operatic bass-baritone, particularly associated with the comic (singspiel) German repertory. Born in Vienna, he studied at the Music Academy there with Theodor Lierhammer. He joined the Munich State Opera in 1927, and remained with this theatre until his death. He also appeared regularly at the Vienna State Opera and the Salzburg Festival, quickly establishing himself as a leading buffo interpreter, notably in roles such as Leporello, Falstaff, Kecal, Ochs, and La Roche (role he created in 1942). He did not limit himself to comic roles but also sang Sarastro, Pizzaro, Gunther, Amfortas, Daland and tackled a few Italian roles as well notably Wurm, Alfio, Tonio, as well as Mefistophele in Gounod's Faust. Hann died in Munich aged only 53.
1. Lortzing: Der Waffenschmied - 'Auch ich was ein Jungling'
2. Lortzing: Zar und Zimmermann - 'Den hohen Herrscher wurdig zu empfangen'
3. Cornelius: Der Barbier von Bagdad - 'Mein Sohn, sei Allahs Friede hier'
4. Mozart: Die Zauberflote - 'Oh, Isis und Osiris'
1. Wagner: Das Rheingold - 'Schwules Gedunst'
2. Wagner: Die Walkure - 'Leb wohl, Du kuhnes, herrliches Kind'
1. Haydn: Der Apotheker - 'Diese Puppchen sind nicht zu ergeunden'
2. Smetana: Die verkaufte Braut - 'Komm, mein Sohnchen, auf ein Wort'
3. Gounod: Margarethe - 'Ja, das Gold regiert die Welt'
4. Beethoven: Fidelio - 'Hat man nicht auch Gold beineben'
5. Verdi: Simone Boccanegra - 'So lebe wohl fur ewig'
6. Verdi: Rigoletto - 'Ich muss ihn sprechen'
1. Mascagni: Cavalleria rusticana - 'Rossestampfen, Peitschenknall'
2. Puccini: Tosca - 'Ein Tollhaus in der Kirche'
3. Strauss: Capriccio - 'Holla, Ihr Streiter in Apoll'
The sleeve is VERY GOOD; consistent with age.
Records graded visually to RRPG grade EXCELLENT.
We recommend that the records are cleaned by a professional to maximise the sound quality.
See Oxfam website for delivery information