Write For Us
Welcome to our Write For Us page!
If you are passionate about your hobby or are an expert in your field of interest, we want to hear from you!
Why should I write for Preloved?
With over 250,000 people visiting Preloved every day, writing for Preloved is the perfect way to share your writing skills and knowledge with a wide audience of like minded people!
If your article is approved by our editorial team, not only will we feature it on the Preloved blog, but we will also share your article with our social community, giving you increased exposure across Facebook, Twitter and Google + - a combined reach of over 170k followers!
So whether you are a university student with a hobby looking to for something extra to add to your CV, or simply like writing and sharing your experiences with the eager and supportive community that is Preloved, please get in touch!
What subjects would interest the Preloved Community?
Money saving, selling and bargain hunting tips
Buying second hand is a great way to save some money and find unique items. However, knowing what questions to ask to make sure you are getting a good deal takes some skill and research. If you have some top buying or selling tips in one of our specialist areas, or an inspiring story to share, then please let us know! Find some inspiration by having a look through our existing buying and selling tips over on the blog.
Pets, horses and livestock
If you have experience in the pet, horse, livestock or veterinary industry and have a subject in mind that you feel is important, then please get in touch. From articles on health, welfare and current issues, to popular breed and species guides, we are interested in hearing your content ideas around pets, horses and livestock. Any key welfare articles shared on our blog, may also be shared on our animal welfare pages to help promote responsible pet ownership.
Have a love for classic cars, VW campers or motorbikes? If you have an inspirational story you'd like to share, or you have experience in the motoring trade and have a good idea for a "how to", maintenance or shopping guide, then this could be for you! From advice to buying your first car, to investing in the perfect classic car restoration project, with over 200,000 cars listed for sale, there are hundreds of buyers using Preloved every day who could benefit from your motoring advice.
Upcycling, recycling and freecycling
Got the knack for finding tired and unusable furniture and upcycling them into must have items for your home? Are you in love with Freeloved? If you have upcycled an item you found on Preloved or Freeloved, then we want to hear from you! From top tips on how to re-use recyclable items, to guides on how to upcycle large pieces of furniture, we have an active community of recyclers, freecyclers and upcyclers eager to learn more. The less stuff that goes to landfill, the better!
If you have an eye for spotting antique treasures and want to help guide Preloved members on where to spend their money, then this is for you! With thousands of must-have antiques listed on site, ensuring you are making the right investment is key. Whether you are a restoration expert, or you have found a valuable antique on Preloved and want to share your story with us, we are eager to hear from you! After all, second hand isn't second best.
Get in touch with us!
If you have an idea for an article that could be of interest to the Preloved community, and you have previous experience or an interest in writing, then please send the following information along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- What is the topic of your article? A few sentences on what the subject you would like to write about and why you think it would be of interest to the Preloved community.
- How are you going to write your article? Are you writing from your own experience, or researching the topic? No copied articles now folks!
- Whydo you think you would be good writing this article? Tell us about your interests, writing experience, knowledge of the topic and how long you have been a member of Preloved (if relevant). Please send us links to any articles you have written before.
- When do you think you'll be able to deliver the article? There is no need to write the article in order to submit your idea, but please give us a realistic time frame on when you think you could deliver the article.
When we'll get in touch with you
Once sent, we will review your submission and if we feel your idea would be of interest to the Preloved community, we'll get back in touch! We like to read all submissions within 7 days of receiving them, but this may be delayed during extra busy periods.
- If your article submission is selected, we'll email you back with the next steps, and can offer support and writing tips to those who request it.
- Once your article is completed, approved by our editorial team and ready to go live, we will let you know when your article will be set live on the blog (and other relevant pages where applicable).
- Once live, we will share your article with the social Preloved community, and forward you the link so you can do the same!
We look forward to hearing from you. Best of luck with your submission!
Terms and Conditions:
- The ‘Write for Us’ programme is subject to our website terms and conditions.
- You warrant that any written work you submit to us is your own original work and has not appeared in print, on a website (including blogs and social media sites), or been broadcast through any means prior to you submitting it to us.
- By participating in the ‘Write for Us’ programme, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license to publish, reproduce and/or modify the written work you submit.