The TD5 (blue) is in excellent running order, serviced, a little blemished here & there, tested &
had a new engine during the
previous ownership. Its the same price as the series 111 (red) which is tax exempt (historic tax).
This much earlier 60's classic has been totally rebuillt.
Everything that can be replaced,
has been replaced.
Its brand new galvanised chassis & bulkhead give it
life expectancy & total freedom from rot, future welding, & poor existing welding.
At least £3000 spent on new parts, the list below is by no means exhaustive.
1. New Galvanised chassis (Richards)
2. New galvanised bulkhead
3. New parabolic springs
4. New fuel tank (best quality)
5. New Brakes, pipes, exhaust etc..
6. Reconditioned starter, new lift pump
7. Low mileage 2.25 diesel engine.
8. New clutch, thrust bearing & pressure plate
Starts in arctic conditions
Not painted & looks the business.
On the road, Historic taxed
Spare front & back axles
Box of new unused extra spares comes too.
It a collectable icon, very few so thoroughly well re-furbished as this one.