Date: 18 April 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Preloved Celebrates the Sixth Annual National Second Hand Day
The 22nd of April marks Preloved's 6th Annual National Second Hand Day.
With landfill becoming a growing problem in the UK, Preloved is passionate about reducing waste through spreading the world that second hand isn't second best.
It's the Preloved holiday where we encourage the public to share why they love second-hand, and show off the second-hand pieces they have in their home.
Why does Preloved celebrate National Second Hand Day?
We want to encourage people to think differently about their homes and the belongings in them and spread the word that second-hand, upcycled and long-lasting pieces are what makes a home a home.
Preloved wants to change the way people think about their furniture and how it is part of their home and, when it might be a little old and tired, that it can be given a new lease of life through upcycling or even a bit of TLC!
How can you celebrate National Second Hand Day?
- We’re giving a Preloved member a chance to win their favourite Preloved ad, courtesy of our friends at AnyVan! Head over to the competition run-down to learn more!
- A very special #PrelovedHour with all of our favourite second-hand fans to share Preloved gems, upcycled gems and antique wonders!
- We’re offering half price Preloved membership all weekend (21st/22nd April), we’re offering half price memberships to get you started on your journey of loving everything second-hand. Check out our Facebook page to get them before anyone else
- Share with us your favourite thing about second-hand over on Twitter using #NationalSecondHandDay
- Join in the fun of #MyPrelovedHome over on our Instagram and see how second hand isn’t second best!
For further information, please contact Lauren O'Brien
Notes to Editors
Started in 1998, Preloved has grown to become the one of the UK's leading second-hand marketplaces with hundreds of thousands of adverts in over 500 categories. Each month the site attracts over 5 million unique visitors. As a community-based advertising site, it has over 7 million registered members.