Privacy And Cookies Policy
We take your privacy very seriously and are keen to ensure that you do not receive any unwelcome messages or spam as a result of your joining Preloved.
- We do not publish your email address on the web site
- You have complete control over any emails that Preloved sends you
- We do not share your details with any other company for marketing purposes
The policy below explains in detail how we manage your personal information:
Moo Limited trading as "Preloved" and "Preloved Classifieds" ("we" "our" "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Moo Limited of Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Gadbrook Way, Rudheath, Northwich, CW9 7RA, registration number PZ8708167.
- Information We May Collect From You
- IP Addresses
- Cookie Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Data Retention
- Your Rights
- Access to Information
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites preloved.com and preloved.co.uk (Preloved). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use Preloved, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, sending messages or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report an issue or concern in connection with your use of Preloved or we have or receive a complaint or query about you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out via Preloved.
- Details of your visits to Preloved including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of the messages you send and receive using our messaging service including without limitation, when you sent or received a message and the contents of that message. We may (but are not obliged to) view the contents of any message whether or not you have viewed its contents. Messages are not private and are not confidential.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We collect information about our customers via server logs, cookies, order forms and competitions. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. None of our cookies store any credit/debit card information nor password details.
The tables below explains the cookies we use and why.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
|JSESSIONID||This is used for the purposes of session management in our application server.|
|CLIENTTOKEN||This is used for the purpose of fraud detection in multiple sign-up attempts.|
|ADRUM_||These are used to manage flow through the web application.|
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. By using our website, you agree that we can place these type of cookies on your device.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.|
(Visual Website Optimiser)
|These cookies are placed by our current multivariate testing tool, Visual Website Optimiser. It enables us to create different versions of our websites and landing pages, so that we can monitor which our customers prefer.|
|affil_V6||We use this cookie to track sales that have come in via an affiliate network link.|
These cookies allow our website to remember choices that you make (such as your user name, language, or the region you are in), and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. By using our website, you agree that we can place these type of cookies on your device.
|LOGIN||This is used to determine if the user is logged in.|
|REMEMBERME||This is used to determine if the user wants to remain logged in after the session ends.|
Targeting and Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are placed by advertising networks or affiliates with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and that this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. If you would like to disable any of these cookies, please see the table below and the section below headed 'How to Restrict or Block Cookies' for further details.
|These cookies are used to track sales that have come in via an affiliate network link operated by our partner Affiliate Window and also to support the delivery of targeted marketing and advertising communications. For further information about how Affiliate Window address data privacy, please follow the link below: https://www.affiliatewindow.com/|
|Facebook is a social networking website that has millions of users worldwide. You register and create a profile. You can add friends to your profile and exchange information with your friends. Facebook also allows people to start groups and fan pages as well as bookmarking other web pages.
This website uses Facebook plug-ins to allow you to 'like' the page and products. These plug-ins store third party Facebook cookies on your machine which we do not have any control over. For further information about how Facebook address data privacy, please follow the link below: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
|Googleplus is a social networking website. You register and create a profile. You can add friends to your profile and exchange information with your friends.
This website uses Googleplus plug-ins to allow you to 'recommend' the page and products. These plug-ins store third party Googleplus cookies on your machine which we do not have any control over. For further information about how Googleplus address data privacy, please follow the link below: https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/policies/privacy/.
|Twitter is a social networking website. This website uses Twitter plug-ins to allow you to tweet about the page and products. These plug-ins store third party Twitter cookies on your machine which we do not have any control over. For further information about how Twitter address data privacy, please follow the link below: https://twitter.com/privacy.|
|Third Party Website||Third Party Name|
|http://www.mookie1.com/en-us/privacy.html||Media Innovation Group|
How to Restrict or Block Cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The 'Help' function within your browser should tell you how. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Moo Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
In order to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes:
- exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- passing on your personal information to police and other governmental and regulatory bodies (such as Trading Standards);
- passing on your information to other Preloved users who confirm to us that they intend to issue proceedings or take legal action against you;
- releasing your user name and a general warning statement to other users where we have received a complaint or a number of complaints about you or we have reason to suspect that you have breached our terms ( http://www.preloved.co.uk/terms )
We have no obligation to you to retain your data. However, we (or our internet service providers) where required to do so by the Data Retention (EC Directive) Regulations 2009 (or similar, replacement or equivalent legislation) may retain in respect of each communication which you send using our Service for a period of 12 months from it being sent:
- data necessary to trace and identify the source of the communication which includes user ID information and the name and address of the subscriber or registered user to whom an Internet Protocol (IP) address, user ID or telephone number was allocated at the time of the communication;
- data necessary to identify the destination of a communication which includes the name and address of the subscriber or registered user and the user ID of the intended recipient of the communication;
- data necessary to identify the date, time and duration of a communication;
- the date and time of the log-in to and log-off from the internet e-mail or internet telephony service, based on a specified time zone;
- data necessary to identify the type of communication;
- information in relation to the internet service used;
- Data necessary to identify users' communication equipment (or what purports to be their equipment) such as the digital subscriber line (DSL) or other end point of the originator of the communication.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via https://secure.preloved.co.uk/contact.
Preloved may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
This policy was last revised 16th October 2014.