We love to learn quirky things about our pets. It’s been a good day when we get home and start a sentence with: did you know…? Here at Preloved with have gathered 13 interesting facts about our furry friends.
1. Most hamsters are actually crepuscular, which means that they’re not nocturnal, they prefer twilight hours.
2. Tarantulas can regenerate lost legs when they go through a molt.
3. Male puppies will often let female puppies win when playing.
4. No two dog noses are the same. They are the equivalent to our fingerprints.
5. It takes about 60 bones to make the shell of a turtle
6. Horses use their ears to communicate with their peers. They use ear direction to indicate something worth paying attention to.
7. You can tell how old a goldfish is by counting the rings on it’s scales – you might need a microscope though.
9. When a guinea pig is excited, normally around food time, they popcorn – aka jump around landing on all fours.
9. Cats only meow to humans.
10. Goldfish have a 9 second attention span – which is longer than some humans we know – and they can recognise faces.
11. Horses can suffer from colic if you feed them with cut grass.
12. Female cats are typically right-pawed, males are left-pawed.
13. Hamster pouches extend to their hips! That is how they can stash so much food.
Does your pet have any quirks? Share them with us!