With the summer finally here, it’s time to take our minds away from the office and straight to the beach! Whether you’re going abroad for a few weeks, or spending a weekend camping somewhere in one of the many glorious spots of the UK – there are plenty of ways to pack your travel essentials to make the most of your suitcase space!
You’ve booked your plane ticket, or bought a new caravan and the apart from the obvious checklist of itinerary you need to consider for your grand adventure, you’re also going to have to make the most of the limited space you have.
Tips for Packing From Preloved
Here are a few tips for making sure you’ve packed sensibly for your holiday and made the most of the limited space you’re working with in your suitcase:
- Use an old contact lens case to take travel sized amounts of your foundation, toothpaste and moisturiser.
- Take light layers of clothing and roll them into small sizes to fit in your suitcase easily and prevent clothes creasing.
- Pop your cosmetics and smaller essentials in to your shoes before you pack them.
- Use old sunglasses cases to store your cables and wires in neatly in one place.
- Pop some cling film over the top of any bottles before you put the lid or cap back on to avoid leakages!
If you’re going for a caravan or camping holiday, there are loads of ways you can hack your existing kit to make the most out of some obvious (and not so obvious) essentials:
- If you’re packing snacks, don’t forget the tortilla chips! Tortilla’s are a great way to fire up your campfire, as they make great kindling!
- Strap a head torch around a large water filled milk bottle to shine through and illuminate your tent.
- Forget your wellies and the weather turns? Rub a petroleum based lipbalm on to your linen shoes to waterproof them.
- Make single use soaps by taking your vegetable peeler to a solid bar of soap.
What are your top tips for packing this summer holiday season?