At Preloved we are counting down the days until summer is here! We have been busy in the kitchen cooking up some delicious meals for you which are easy, simple and will bring a smile to your face.
Consciously picking your meals in line with what ingredients are in season in the UK can be a great way to support local farmers, as well as reducing your carbon footprint by picking ingredients with low transport requirements. With so many options available to us in the supermarkets, it can be hard to know what fruit and vegetables are actually in season! However, once you are in the know, creating new seasonal recipes for you and your family can be fun and rewarding.
To give you some inspiration, we thought we would give it a go making a declicious chicken recipe to go with your carefully selected seasonal vegtables.
Summer – in – Winter Chicken Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Pack of parma ham
- 200g pack of cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp of green pesto – feeling creative? Have a go making your own!
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche
- Fresh basil
- Any vegetables you fancy!
- You will need to wrap your 4 chicken breasts in parma ham.
- If you have one at home a non-stick frying pan would be preferable to use. First of all heat the olive oil in the frying pan and add the 4 breasts of chicken, cook on one side until the breasts have taken on a bit of colour. Turn the chicken and cook on the other side. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and thrown them into the frying pan, you will want to soften them and add slight colour so that they caramelise slightly.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the crème fraiche and pesto until they make a sauce.
- Half the olives and add them to the pan with the sauce and tomatoes.
- Scatter with a few fresh basil leaves and serve with fresh vegetables.